Sunday, August 14, 2011

40k 'Ard Boyz prelims and more

Well I ran the 40k "Ard Boyz tournament at Ravenstone. We had a maxed out 14 people at the store. A good day had by all with no incidents at all. In the end Drew Hixon walked away in first with 60 Battle points....With Tyranids. Drew was due, he has been within inches for at least the last three years. Grats Drew!
Second place was Deathwing/Ravenwing combo Angels. This was a rather nice army that had a rough second round. Third place went to one of three Grey knight armies. Great Job Mike!

I have been playing the games I needed to with my Dark Eldar and after watching 'Ard Boyz and playing those games, I see the loop holes I can easily plug. That said, I think I am going to diversify my hammer units a bit.

Also, Boltgun posted the first test mission, and it screws my entire strategy. My portals are there to receive my reserves, but I can't use them that way if they are in reserve themselves.....crap. So this leaves three of my hammers on foot with no way to close quickly before they get shot. So now I need to adapt....or is it evolve?

No comments:

Post a Comment