Well the first round of my Defense of Drask campaign went really well. I have four more rounds planned and I hope we will continue to see the 7 or 8 players we had for round one. Planetstrike was rough on some of the armies, so this round is a more traditional capture mission.
Secure the last of your perimeter and prepare for incoming enemy forces. There is no rest....
Victory conditions: capture objectives based on the standard 40K rulebook (must have troops selection within three inches to capture, any unit can contest by moving within three inches.
Number of Objectives: 3
Player deployment: Dice off in the beginning, winner chooses whether to go first or second, player who goes first deploys first in the zone of choice and opponent deploys in the opposite zone. Any number of units can be placed in reserve. Players deploy their army anywhere on their table HALF that is within 12” of a board edge. No units may be deployed closer than 18” to the nearest enemy unit.
Objective deployment: each player can place one objective, no more than one per table quarter, at least 12 inches from the center and at least 12 inches from another objective, one objective placed in the middle of the board.
Objectives of Opportunity:
1. Kill the highest points value HQ
2. Kill the highest points value infantry unit (no HQ, no Jump Infantry, no Beasts, no Cavalry, no Bikes)
3. Kill 50% or more of your opponent's units that are monstrous creatures or have an armor value. If your opponent has no units with an armor value or are monstrous creatures then you automatically achieve this objective.
• MAJOR WIN = Controlling 2+ objectives, opponent controls none = 50 points
• MINOR WIN = Controlling more objectives than your opponent = 40 points
• DRAW = Controlling the same number of objectives = 30 points
• MINOR LOSS = Controlling fewer objectives than your opponent = 20 points
• MAJOR LOSS = Controlling 0 objectives, your opponent controls 2+ = 10 points
• ACHIEVING MORE OBJECTIVES OF OPPORTUNITY THAN YOUR OPPONENT = 1 bonus objective
Major win will net the player an extra CP so this should push for some bloody fights from these guys!