Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Back to basics

When I started playing 40k, lord 17 odd years ago, my first army was Chaos. Now, I can't completely revisit those days under the current rules, but I can come close.

I have been talking with a few friends and thinking about how I game. By that I mean my play style. I like my lists to have some sort of oddball trick, feel fluffy and play fairly aggressively. Some of my early lists were daemon bombs, sonic assault, and the early thousand sons weapon immunity.

All of those lists twisted the local meta game and were fairly fluffy in context to the parent list. I feel that they were indeed trick lists, but you know what? I had the most fun playing THOSE LISTS....

With this stuff on my mind lately, and the local group seeming to be interested in nothing but the super killy internet lists, and being the creative guy I am, I have decided that it is about time to do something about it.

I can't make those guys play lists they don't want to, and let's face it, I don't want to try. SO I keep myself interested with those crazy ideas bouncing around in my head. Basically I came up with this idea about a year ago, after the current Chaos/Renegade marines codex was published.

I won't go into detail here, beyond that this will be a Nurgle list. Maneman knows what is in it, but I'm not talking beyond that. The models are about 4 months of collecting so you'll all just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment