Saturday, December 4, 2010

Acid test

Well I am going to play a good friend with my DE of the Kabal of the sundered Storm today. I consider this the acid test for a couple of reasons. First and formost Craig has been the guy that has taught me so much about the game and routinely beats me down so I can learn from what I am doing wrong. Second of all, he is playing his mostly foot based imperial guard....his best army....and the one who has routinely killed whatever I throw at it. Craig knows his guard inside and out, and can turn 90% of his draws/losses into late game wins with startling regularity.

Now, I'm not going into this game with a losing attitude, I'm going in trying to be realistic. This will be the first time in the field for a new army as well as being a poor match up for the DE. Craig runs a lot of heavy weapons teams, so my tanks are likely going to be dust after a couple of turns.

I'll get you an update this afternoon and let you know how it went along with whatever planned changes I might have. I already think one ravager down in exchange for a talos or chronos from the portal.....

Here is today's list:

Archon Aggonath: Aggoniser, ghostplate, soultrap, shadowfield, webway portal
Lady Malys

9 Kabalite warriors with blaster and darklance in raider with flickerfields
10 Kabalite warriors with blaster and darklance in raider with flickerfields
10 Kabalite warriors with blaster and darklance in raider with flickerfields

Hekatrix Bloodbrides with Haywire grenades, hydra gauntlets, succubus with blast pistol

6 reaver jetbikes 2 caltrops, 2 blasters
6 reaver jetbikes 2 caltrops, 2 blasters

3x ravagers with nightshields and flickerfields

Lots of anti tanks for tanks that MIGHT not be there, but this is what I own so we'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment